Ask a Dentist   »  

Inside of lower lip dry, worsens at night. What is wrong?

Hi! The inside of my lower lip is dry, or it feels like it, its the same feeling when you ate a lot of pineapple. With my tongue I can touch vertical lines in the inside of my lower lip, it gets worse at night cause the sensation is in all my mouth, specially in my tongue. I went to the dentist, she told me she doesnt know but its getting worse and Im beggining to getmvery worried about it, This is not going away by itself, please tell me what is wrong?
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Its quite probable that you simply have glossitis/cheilitis ( inflammation of the tongue and the lips) which is causing this. Although there are multiple causes for this, the most common is Vitamin B complex deficiency. I would suggest that you take a B complex supplement like Tablet Centrum 1 tablet once daily for 1 week. You should be feeling better very soon. Also, include plenty if fruits and vegetables in your diet.
If the feeling persists, we can look at other causes. Please do get back depending on how you feel.