Inner labia near the vagina is rough and bumpy. Should it be smooth? Are there any symptoms for genital herpes?

I have two more questions.

First question: is the inner vulva/inner labia near the vagina and pee hole suppose to feel somewhat rough and bumpy or is it suppose to feel smooth like a baby`s bottom?

Second question: I heard that 95% of the time there's no symptoms for genital warts or genital herpes. Is that true?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 40 hours later
Brief Answer:
has a slightly rough texture

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The inner aspect of the genitalia would feel slightly rough to touch as do most mucosal surfaces of the body. This is a normal variation in most women.

In terms of genital herpes- approximately 81 % of persons may be asymptomatic (have no symptoms). When symptoms do occur ,they would consist of initial redness and discomfort in the area followed by a rash that evolves to small water fluid bumps. These 'bumps' then form small ulcers.

Genital warts-these occur as a result of HPV infection of which there are different types. HPV is a common sexually transmitted infection however even though the virus is present only 1-2% of persons with the virus may have symptoms such as warts.
In many persons the body may fight off the infection (in young persons , 90% can actually clear the infection within 2 years).

In others the infection may remain with no symptoms or progress to warts.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions