Inner labia burns while peeing. No STDs or smelly discharge. Is it cause for concern?

my innrr labia burns when i pee. my bf and i havent had sex for about a week becuase of it and it still burns. neither of us have any stds and theres no discharge or smell nothing just burns when i pee. whag could it be?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 40 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

So you are having burning with urination just inside the labia minora. You are also saying that there is no discharge or odor.

The options might include:
1. A small tear related to the intercourse one week ago
2. An early vulvar yeast infection - this can cause inflammation of the labia without itching or discharge
3. Inflammation of the glands around the vagina - called vestibulitis

I would approach this as follows:
1. You can apply a topical hydrocortisone cream bought over-the-counter 2-3 times per day.
2. You could treat the area with clotrimazole cream at night for 5-7 days and see if this helps
3. If there was no improvement using either of these methods, or if anything was seeming to get worse, then a visit to an OB/GYN is recommended

I hope that this helps and good luck!