Injury below knee and above ankle, red and swollen lump, taken Ibuprofen for pain. Healing slowly

Hit my leg below knee and above ankle...not on XXXXXXX but to the side muscle. A large lump appeared and about four days later it became red and more swollen. No fever, no sweats, no chills. Leg somewhat returns to normal at night and red area seems to lessen; but swells in the day (of cousre I am up and on it). It's two days short of two weeks now and it seems as if the injury is lessening...but man happening very, very slowly. It is not geting worse (I don't think). Taking two Ibuprofen ever 4-8 hours for three days now.
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic!
With the mechanism of injury appearing of swelling and pain in the leg area and the extent of bruising in visible in the photos- You may be having a fractured bome underneath, most likely the Fibula.
Or it is very severe local soft tissue crush injury.
Keep your self well hydrated just to avoid myoglobbinuria related kindey dysfunction and stop ibuprofen.
You can take tab Ultracet 6 hourly for pain because ibuprofen is toxic for kidneys.
Get an Xray of the leg anteroposterior and lateral view and put up a follow up with the photographed films.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.