Injury after fall, chest pain, cracking noises when rolling over.

i fell off ladder and lost my breath when I hit, now I have severe sharp shooting pain in my chest and back after three days and when rolling over I can can feel and hear cracking noises
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 27 minutes later

From history and complain it seems that you have got injury to your rib cage.

Looking to the pain and discomfort that you have, there is a possibility of some rib fracture. At times due to this kind of rib fracture, there could be some air collection underneath the skin which can give rise to cracking sounds.

It is advisable that you visit a doctor immediately, either your orthopedic surgeon and get your self examined. You might need an x XXXXXXX chest to have more idea. Please do this at the earliest.

In mean time take an analgesic like Tylenol and apply some local analgesic ointment over the painful area.

Do take rest and avoid giving strain to the part.

I hope this helps to solve your query. I will be glad to answer your follow up queries if any.