Injured in accident with whiplash and concussion. Having drippy nose. Remedy?

Spine Surgeon
Question
i have never used this before, but i have been injured in a car accident with whiplash and concussion and i am on disability now. do i need to pay for this service as I have limited income single mom. I am waiting for a neurologist appt and also an MRI but I am having alot of side affects and concerns from these injuries. I am also having a drippy nose as well as incontinence since the accident.I was rear ended by a truck driver.
I wanted to check in to see if the dr has an answer for me yet?
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 6 hours later
Whiplash injury cause sudden jerk to spine with damage to spinal cord. Are you walking now? Any weakness in extremities? Do you have contron on urination? Please get back with detailed information. If possible upload xray spine. Thanks.

Follow-up: Injured in accident with whiplash and concussion. Having drippy nose. Remedy? 50 minutes later
Hello Dr Chaudhari.
Thanks for your response. I have had a ct scan and xrays of my back. I am walking but wa;king crooked. I am having physiotherapy and I also have aq concussion.

With regards to my urination problems, i could be walking or moving a i will have no control over leakage of urine. My nose is also running and dripping. I am extremely forgetful and I have great difficulty organizing my thoughts and also lose and misplace items on a regular basis. This is very scary for me. I do not have a copy of the xrays that were taken of my back and neck

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 10 minutes later
whats the ct brain report? Any fracture? Hematoma? Brain edama? Post injury such things can happen. However we need to rule out serious issues. Can uou upload the investigation reports whichever you have? It will give me an idea whats going on?

Follow-up: Injured in accident with whiplash and concussion. Having drippy nose. Remedy? 5 minutes later
i have had @ CT scans all clear i am told of any bleeding or blood clot. I was not given any of these reports however, my family doctor has them. i have to keep a journal for my lawyer and I am uploading this for you
i need to go to sleep now, as I am very dizzy and sleepy. Thanks kindly or your assistance

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 11 hours later
Good to know that ct is normal. Please upload with your convenience. Thanks.

Follow-up: Injured in accident with whiplash and concussion. Having drippy nose. Remedy? 18 minutes later
I could not upload the journal as it is in excel format and the website wants it in pdf but if you can help me with the drippy nose and the incontinence that would be appreciated

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 14 hours later
For drippy nose try antihistaminic nasal drop such as astellin and for urinary incontinence try oxybutynin tablet. However its important to know the cause of the problem. Thanks

Follow-up: Injured in accident with whiplash and concussion. Having drippy nose. Remedy? 3 hours later
I am wondering if the drippy nose and inconntinence is a a side affect of the concussion and whiplash injury? I did noit have these issues prior to the injuries

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 19 minutes later
Unless you have brain or spinal cord injury? Howdver you said the ct is normal that ruled out the serious issue. Whiplash injury to cervical spine can cause spinal cord trauma which can cause incontinence and to tule out that need to get cervical MRI. Thanks.

Follow-up: Injured in accident with whiplash and concussion. Having drippy nose. Remedy? 4 hours later
Thank You so much

You are welcome. thanks.

I now have an appt with a Neurologist for froday july 5 but I do not have an mri appts yet

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 37 hours later
ok. Wish you good health.