Injected steroid trenbolne. Large, red swelling appeared. What should be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
injected steroid trenbolne into rear, now have large red XXXXXXX swollen hot to touch expanding by the day
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The swelling and redness that you can see at the site of injection seems to be due to a local reaction. Such a reaction is not likely to be due to an infection so soon.
You can do a cold compress in the area to decrease the redness and swelling. There is nothing to worry right now. You can wait for next 48 hours for it to subside spontaneously.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.