Injected diprospan due to allergy. Started gaining weight and getting round face. Side effect of medicine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello Doctor,
I had an injection of diprospan due to an allergy I had. It was the first XXXXXXX i had a corticosteroid. it was almost two weeks a ago. My allergy is gone, however i have the side effects of diprospan like insane hungry, gained weight, round face, I just got a cold as well. My question is: When the diprospan will leave my system? When i will have my life back to normal? Thanks a lot
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Diprospan usually leaves the body in 48 hours after a single dose. A single dose is not likely to cause side effects like weight gain and round face. These side effects are seen on taking for at least 2-3 weeks continuously.
The symptoms you are having are likely to be due to a hormonal imbalance. It is best to get your thyroid profile done under the guidance of an endocrinologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.