Inhaled spray paint when pregnant. Will my baby be okay?

I am 34 weeks pregnant and unintentionally inhaled spray paint while spraying some items for baby's room, will my baby be okay? Was probably about a minute before I realized it. Thanks
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 32 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Unfortunately, there are no studies that document the effects of household painting on pregnancy and the developing baby.

Currently, the assumption is that household painting involves very low levels of exposure. The recommendation is to avoid exposure to oil-based paints, leads and mercury. You should minimize exposure to latex paints that contain ethylene glycol ethers and biocides. Ideally, you should get someone else to do the job for you.

Occupational and industrial paint circumstances (ie... painting cars) warrant concern because of the consistency and level of exposure to paints and solvents.

Presently in your case you need not worry as the exposure is short and for painting the new baby's nursery. You and your baby should be fine. But i advice it will be better if you ask some one else to paint for you.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.