Inguinal hernia surgery done. Having pain in scrotum, inner thigh and facing walking difficulty

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
recrently had operation for repair of inguinalo hernia. I am 85. Now have painful scrotum sticks to inner thigh. Pain ful to stand, sit, walk. relieved for a few hours at a time by use of talc powder. What is it?

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry. Dear sir.
As you know nguinal hernia is anatomicaly related to testicles and scrotum. There are 3 nerves which are manipulated during the procedure and these can be damaged. ALso postoperative oedema or haematoma is usually accumulated in this area so pain should relief after this pull back. Sometimes, even 6-8 weeks must pass after the surgery for this to happen.
There is a possibility of early hernia reccurence. IF you notice any lump in area of scar you should visit the surgeon again. Till that, you should take some moderately strong painkillers. Consult your GP about it.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Follow-up: Inguinal hernia surgery done. Having pain in scrotum, inner thigh and facing walking difficulty 16 hours later
Thank you. I really do appreciate the infor5mation.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 17 minutes later
I am glad i ve been helpful, sir.
WIsh you good health.