Ingested kerosene by accident. How much is harmful? Have nausea and chest burn

Hallo doctor. This is my first time on the site because i think i've ingested some kerosene just now. The thing is i just painted my house today and i need to clean all the paint on my hand. I used kerosene for that. I pour some kerosene to rub the paint off. Then on an act of impulse, i licked my finger with the kerosene is still on it (I don't know why i did it).

My question is what is the doses that will be considered XXXXXXX for kerosene?

I've been reading a lot of article on the internet about kerosene first-aid and i drank a lot of water. Will this be enough? Or do i need to see a doctor immediately.

I am experiencing nausea which may be resulted from a lot of water drinking. And i started to feel like a chest burn. When do i need to seek immediate attention?
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Ingestion of kerosene is usually associated with aspiration pneumonia as it is mostly aspirated into the respiratory tract.
Just licking the finger soaked with kerosene oil is not going to show much effect on your body.
There is no specific lethal dose of kerosene oil as even a small sip of kerosene might prove to be XXXXXXX if it enters the airways.
There is no need to rush to an ER right now. In case symptoms like repeated vomiting, shortness of breath, headache, unconsciousness, etc appear, then medical help is needed.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.