Information on spinal deformities caused by bad postures?

Nov 2013

I want to know, if i have any spinal deformities, that causing my bad posture. Any type of kyphosis or is it just a postural problem. X-ray images are attached.
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 32 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.
First of all, I would like to reassure you that your X-rays are perfectly normal and you do not have any significant problem with your spine.
I agree there is slightly increased curvature of your spine (at thoracic level), mid back region. This is mostly related to posture.
Doing spine extension exercises, and maintaining a good posture while sitting would be helpful.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad