Information on child sensibility to tonsillitis?

Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 7 days later

Thank you for your query.

As you have not mentioned the age of your son I presume he is below 5 years of age. Children between the age of 1 year to 5-6 year get repeated attacks of upper respiratory tract infection (tonsillitis being a part of it). During this period they are developing their immunity and when they grow older will have fewer attacks. Most of these episodes of upper respiratory tract infections are viral in origin and do not require any antibiotics. They will run their course for 3-4 days and subside.

As regards treatment for immunity I will say the best course is to give your son a good healthy nutritious diet which is XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables. You should avoid fast junk food. This is going to help him develop his immunity faster.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing your son all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal