Information on FUE. Advantages and drawbacks compared to other methods of hair transplant surgery?

I recently have been considering hair transplant surgery as an option which i might use in future accordingly i was wondering among the various techniques for hair transplant surgery which one has had more promising result throughout the years,especially i would like to have some information on a technique called FUE(please let me know of its advantages and drawbacks and if possible compare it with other methods of hair transplant surgery)
I appreciate it
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the query,
There are two main types of hair transplant surgery.

1. FUT (Strip method)

In FUT a strip of hair is taken from back of scalp, and is divided into small hair pieces and implanted anteriorly on scalp.

In FUE, small pieces of hair are extracted from posterior scalp and implanted anteriorly.

In my practice, I have seen that FUT gives a better result when compared to FUE.
The reason for this are as follows.

1. In FUT around 6000 hair follicles can be obtained from the strip, hence the entire scalp can be covered.
In FUE not more than 1000 follicles can be obtained.

2. FUT produces a linear thin scar while in FUE multiple small scars are seen on scalp.
3. FUE is more costlier.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you