Inflammation in eye due to accidental fall of dye, antibiotic drops, early treatment needed

Earlier today I got hair XXXXXXX in my eye I did flush it several times with water. It is still red and burns a little and I feel like I have film over my eye. Is there anything else I should do?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

Hair XXXXXXX in the eye can cause burning and inflammation of the conjunctiva causing Conjunctivitis. It also induces a foreign body sensation causing watering of the eye and redness.

It is good that you have thoroughly flushed your eye.

For symptomatic relief you can follow these measures:
1. Use dark glasses to avoid light sensitivity.
2. Clean your eye for any discharge using clean water repeatedly.
3. Avoid rubbing your eyes.

Early and vigorous treatment with antibiotic drops and antiinflammatory drops is needed for adequate relief. You need to get these eye drops prescribed from your eye specialist.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.