Ask a Urologist   »  

Inflamed urinary sphincter muscle. Causes, symptoms, tests and treatment options?

What treatments are available for inflamed urinary shhincter muscle?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Who has this problem and since how long?
2.) What exactly are the symptoms of the patient?

The treatment of the Urinary Muscle Inflammation depends on the cause. Hence the cause should be found out. Kindly get the patient examined by a Urologist so that he may examine and suggest further tests like,

1.) Urinalysis.
2.) Urine culture.
3.) Bloodwork.
4.) USG abdomen.

This test will help to rule out the cause. Once the cause is confirmed, patient will be treated with Antibiotics and Analgesics if there is pain. The patient needs to drink plenty of water.

Please reply with answers to my questions, which will help me in suggesting in detail.

Awaiting your reply.