Inflamed tendons. Is it good to stretch inflamed tendons?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
hi, i have inflamed tendons that go into the scrotum on one side. The good side the tendons feel soft and maluable the tender side the tendons feel hard, thicker and tender. Is it good to stretch inflamed tendons. Am wearing a jock to take the strain off the tendons but will they heal shorter and be prone to re injury.
thanks for your time XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Your history is very vague, Yet what I understand is you are talking about the spermatic cord in the scrotum

It is usually secondary to infection of urinary track that the epidydimis gets inflammed and infected, you already are taking antibiotics and antiinflammatory medicines

Best thing is not to stretch the cord, you can give rest to the affected cord and testes by using a scrotal support

If you are using a bicycle avoid cycling for atleast 2-3 weeks

In case it keeps on recurring, get urine examination done followed by a sonography & rule out diabetes

Hope I have answered your queries to your satisfaction, in case you need any clarification revert back

Get Well Soon
Follow-up: Inflamed tendons. Is it good to stretch inflamed tendons? 17 hours later
hi thanks for your reply
the epidydimus is a problem I think, but my scrotum(one side) has been swollen. Not testicle. And the strain and inflamation has made the tendons that control the up and down movement of the scrotum inflamed, hard and tender. Should I stretch these, not the epidydimus. cycling did aggravate the problem, have stopped that now.
thanks for you time XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 42 minutes later

Please do not stretch.

There is no tendon in the scrotum.

I would recommend you get yourself examined clinically or Get a sonogram done to rule out exact pathology.

Under all circumstances Antiinflammatory/Antibiotic/Scrotal Support will work.

I hope, this helps. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.