Inflamed cervix with vaginal discharge. Prescribed with vaginal insertion pills, candida gel and Fas 3 kit. Bleeding and loose stools after medication

Hi, I went to a gynecologist yesterday and after examination, she informed me that i had a red inflamed cervix and there was also some white discharge present. The white discharge has been there for quite some time and it doesnt smell foul. The Doctor gave me a vaginal insertion pill, lactyl wash and candida gel to apply since I was experiencing Vaginal itching too. Since I'm sexually active as well, she gave me and my partner a Fas 3 Kit. Upon gettin back home, i noticed light bleeding, and i assumed I got an early period (since my last one jst happened around 18th October), but this morning again there was no bleeding. Also, I took the first pill from the Fas 3 kit, that is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach, and ever since then I have been having loose motions and stomach cramps. Please advice as to what I should do now. and if there is no more bleeding, should i proceed with the vagina insertion pills?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later

Inflamed cervix with mild amount of discharge is suggestive of infection of cervix and vagina. After an examination by Gynecologist a fragile inflamed cervix is likely to bleed. The bleeding you saw was more likely to be due to the cervical handling and is not your regular period.

FAS-3 kit contains a high dose of antibiotic azithromycin with secnidazole and fluconazole.
The antibiotic is likely to induce loose motions by affecting the gut flora. You can take Tab.Becosules once a day along with this.

Since you have already consumed the antibiotic, you can continue taking rest of the tablets of this kit. The loose motions are self limiting and will subside in 2-3 days.

You should proceed with the treatment as directed by your gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
If you are satisfied with the answer I request you to accept the answer.