Inflamed and enlarged right collar bone. Is it a cause of concern?

My right collar bone has become inflammed and enlarged, there is no pain, just that it has grown to over twice its normal size. It has taken 2-3 months to do so. It is the bone, not the lymph nodes unless there are lymph nodes attached or inside the collar bone itself. I recently (June 24th) had a L4-L5 Fusion, I do not think it is related, but thought I should mention.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
X/RAY of collar bone plus biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Thanks for your question.

L4-L5 fusion is not related.

Presence of swelling and inflammation on this collar bone is concerning. Based on my experience, I would do x/ray of collar bone if needed a biopsy to rule out sinister conditions.
I would also do thorough physical examination of the affected area to determine exact location, mobility and attachment of swelling, ultrasound of affected area will be use full.

Have you ever had trauma to collar bone?
Have you lost weight in last 3 months?

Hope this helped. I will be happy to help you if you have other questions.

Follow-up: Inflamed and enlarged right collar bone. Is it a cause of concern? 56 minutes later
I have not lost weight recently, have stayed the same. I have not had any trauma to the collar bone.
the enlargement seems to be from within, there is nothing attached externally to the collar bone. The entire collar bone is affected and is now protruding from my chest 1/4 inch. I can put pressure on the collar bone between my fingers and thumb and there is no pain or reaction etc...simply enlarged.

I understand your reference to sinister above, I will schedule an appointment with my Primary Care Physician or Ortopedic DR this week.

Any other more simply afflictions that you can think of.....
Answered by Dr. David Okia 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for providing me with additional information,

I would strongly encourage you to urgently to see orthopedic surgeon and have investigations like xray, biopsy done as I had mentioned earlier.