Infection in POD. What type of treatment is required?

Mar 2016

I have mild infection in POD? So kindly suggest me what type of treatment it should require?Does it will create any problem in concieving.while since I m 9 months married
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.

1) Mild collection or small amount fluid in POD is quite common and normal thing. It is basically seen immediately after ovulation and indicative of menstrual cycle.

2) According to your clinical presentation (mild stomach pain) and mild collection in POD, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) needs to be ruled out. If there is no other associated features like fever, white discharge, menstrual irregularity etc, then it is quite unlike for that. Mild stomach pain is not a relevant feature of PID by any means.

However, I suggest you to continue current medications (antacid & one course of antibiotic) as per your doctor's prescription. They are quite effective to treat mild infection (if any) and clear confusion.

3) Mild POD collection is quite physiological and there is no problem in conceiving if you have regular cycle with proper ovulation. You have also normal ultrasound scan report. So, you would not be worried regarding this.

Take balanced diet with vitamin and folic acid supplements for at least 3 months prior to conception, drink more water and eat green vegetables, maintain genital hygiene properly. These are the backbone before planning to pregnancy.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through