Infected with mite. Have lost eyebrows and eyelash. Any medication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been infected for more than a year with a mite. I've been to two urgent care physicians who didn't help. Meanwhile I've lost my eyebrows. I lost eyelashes twice. I can not work or leave my house because I am so depressed. I don't see or talk to anyone as result. These mites, burrow into my skin, they are not limited to just my eyes, they have gotten into my lips, and my mouth. Ive used ointments that make them come out of my armpits, my back virtually every single part of my body and my head. Is there an oral medication I can take?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
You have been severely affected by mite infection. You need systemic medications like ivermectin for proper treatment. But since it is a prescription medicine, you will have to consult your GP for this. Till then apply a topical antiseptic like neosporin on the lesions to avoid superadded infections.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.