Infected with Hepatitis-A virus. Bilirubin and SGPT shows 1.5 and 88 respectively. Safe? Fit to exercise?

Hi, My name is XXXXXX an I am 31 years old. I had been infected from Hepatitis-A virus and subsequently suffered by Jundice in the last week om march 2013. At that time during my blood test the Bilirubin and SGPT comes as 7.1 and 3035 respectively. Now I am well enough and in recently the blood test has done and its results of Bilirubin and SGPT comes as 1.5 and 88 respectively. Now my query is whether I am fit enough to do some daily exercises and sports like badminton, football etc. my email address is: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query,

You have suffered Viral Hepatitis A in March and now almost recovered from illness.

Hepatitis A is caused by hepatitis A virus (HAV), a picornavirus transmitted by the fecal-oral route often associated with ingestion of contaminated food.

You are already on road to recovery as your liver functions have improved; you should take normal diet and can start light activity like walking and routine activity. Please keep yourself well hydrated.

Please go slow before going for sports like badminton and football and after a week or so and recheck liver function by that time serum bilirubin and SGPT will return back to normal.

Once you feel better with activity than you can increase it gradually and also take care of your diet which should provide enough calories and essential nutrients.

Hope this information is helpful to you, if you have any further query please ask, I will be happy to help.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.