Infant with excessive sweating. On breast feeding. Diet advice?

I have two doubts regarding my 5 months old son.

1) His feet is getting wet some times. Water drops are forming under his feet. This is not frequent but this is happening once in a week.

2) My son still breast feeding. Can we start using semi solid food availabe in market like cerlac etc.. Please give me which semi solid food i can start giving. please tell me the name so that i will buy and start.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 55 minutes later

1. Feet getting wet: Often sweating/wetness at limbs may be seen with warm clothes, fever and/or fright reaction. If the soles are wet often, it may also be a part of raised thyroid functions. If the problem is consistent, please get thyroid profile blood tests done. If it’s normal, for all other reasons it may be normal if weight gain and milestones are normal.

2. Feeding: infants are recommended to be exclusively breastfed for 6 months, unless there are serious issues like, say mother is on medicines, HIV positive, low weight gain etc. Semi-solids food is recommended after 6 months of age. They need to be started gradually without changing the dilutions mentioned on boxes. After 6 months many parents find nestum rice comfortable to feed. Best way of giving semisolids is preparing home based feeds.

You may download a booklet at following link You may keep it for reference.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please accept the answer and write a review for the expert advice.

Thank you.