Infant with a squishy spot on the side of the head, no pain

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
My 15 month old daughter just developed a squishy spot on the side of her head. It does not seem to hurt and is the size of a Rooney. What should I do?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 3 hours later

In order to be able to help you in finding the most probable diagnosis, I would require the following details.

1. The detailed description of onset and progress of the lesion any triggering factors, noticed.

2. The exact shape, size and appearance (colour, borders) of the lesion.

3. Any significant past or recent medical or personal history.

Awaiting your response to provide more specific suggestions.