Infant was suffering, prescribed Grillintus and Azithrol. Given Azilide instead of Azithrol. Suggest?

Hello Doctor,
My daughter is 1yr old, she was suffering from cough with cold. The doctor had prescribed Syp.Grillintus BM & Azithrol 100. the chemist had given me Azilide-100 instead of Azithrol 100 , are these both are same.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, they are same

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Pediatrics, working with an experienced Pediatrician. I answer on his behalf.

Yes, both Azithrol 100 and Azilide 100 are same. Both contain AZITHROMYCIN an antibiotic which works better for respiratory tract infections.

Hope, I answered your query.