Infant was not breastfed due to weakness and decreased milk flow. Will Lactare capsule helps?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
my baby is 4 months old. I have not been able to breast feed him much since beginning initially because my son was too weak to latch and later because my milk flow decreased dramatically. but i want t breast feed him. I have tried fenugreek powder, milk garlic, water, expressing thrugh medella swing, etc. Will lactare capsules be helpful? how many capsules per day will be the right dose? Please help. Kindly suggest if any other medicine will be more helpful.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Hi thanks for writing to health care magic.

Lactate is safe if taken around 2 capsule twice daily for 2 weeks .
You can also try perinorm which can be given 2 times daily for a week under your gynecologist supervision.
Perinorm (metaclopramide) has few extra Pyramidal side effects which needs to be monitored by your gynec.

Do take plenty of liquids and try feeding in calm environment.

Hope I answered your query.