Infant start teething. Passing loose stool. Prescribed medicine after stool test. What to feed my baby?

My 9 months baby has teething problem since 1 week. During this teething problem he is passing loose motions. He refuses to have cerelac. We can only feed him with Nan Pro2 or mother feed.

His stool test report suggested 0-3hpf of pus cells | acidic reaction | Semi consistency form | Greenish yellow color.

Our family doctor suggested Syrup Zifi 100 | Syrup Neutrolin B | Z & D drop | Racida XXXXXXX | ORS

Our doctor asked us not to feed the baby with formula milk (Nan Pro 2) as it has sugar. We were asked to feed the baby with water of RIce / cocunut / pulses.

After feeding the baby with the water he still feels hungry. Please advise what can I feed the baby with?
My concerns are:

What can I feed the baby with during this period as he is feeling very hungry?

How long does it take to fix the problem?

Do you suggest any medicine for teething?

Is it normal for babies to pass loose motion during teething?
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Parenting
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 2 hours later

Thanks for your query,

I appreciate your concern.

-During teething there is irritability,tender and swollen gums due to which baby puts his hands and other things in mouth in order to relieve discomfort.
-Diarrhea is usually as a result of putting things in mouth.
-Relax,it will settle in few days.
-Stool report is also normal.
-Continue with medication as prescribed by your doctor.
-Give oral rehdration solution sip by sip after each loose stool.
-Give rice water,pulses water,coconut water.
-In addition you can give mashed banana,boiled potato,curd.rice porridge XXXXXXX puree.
-Continue breast feeding.

For Teething i suggest you to gently massage his gums with your clean finger.
Give him carrot or coconut to bite.
Wash his hands frequently.

On the counter pain relieving medicines should be avoided.
Symptoms subside in few days.

Hope i have answered your query.If you have any other query i would be glad to help.
Wishing your baby good health.
God bless!!