Infant scratched by wild monkey. Getting headache and vomit sensation. Required test and treatment?

sir i hav a doubt that my 20 months daughter was scratched by a wild monkey 11 days before . how can i be sure about it? is there any tests to know about it? i saw some scratches on her knees as falling marks. i thought she has fall down . i had not take any first aid till now. is it too late . sir please save her . what are the symptom of such scratches? she always pretends like vomiting & headache as she is not well. she is very tiny .her weight is only 9 kg , she only drinks milk & eats nothing from her birth but she is healthy .
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
There is no test available to know if she was scratched by a wild monkey.
Since 11 days have already passed and there are no major symptoms, it is not likely to be anything like rabies.
A minor superficial skin scratch on the knee is not likely to transmit any infection unless it bleeds heavily. The vomiting and headache that she is having is likely to be due to gastritis or gastrointestinal infection.
In fact people who are affected by such infections are symptomatic often within a day or so after the exposure.
Again let me provide you with reassurance that your daughter does not have any infection. You can consult a pediatrician for a physical examination to confirm the same. Please rest assured.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Infant scratched by wild monkey. Getting headache and vomit sensation. Required test and treatment? 7 hours later
she is playing now. even singing &enjoying well. it means she is not infected anymore.may be she fall down on floor but now no any scratch anymore just little bit of recovered two tiny marks got dried. are you sure doctor ? thankyou
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Since she is behaving normally now, the worry is even lesser. The chances of having an infection are almost negligible. Since the scratches have healed, please do not worry.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.