Infant passing less urine. Have cough. Is this normal?

My 4 month old is passing less urine like 8 cloth nappy for last 2-3 days, earlier she used to wet 15 nappy , I am breast feeding her every 2 hour that makes total of 8. Feeds , she is otherwise ok except mild cough. Should I worry or this is normal
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Himanshi Kashyap 28 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

Must say your baby is real cutie pie!

There is no set numbers of times baby passes urine. Some pass 10-15 times and some 6-8 times. In newborn period, they pass more frequently but quantity is less. As they mature, frequency reduces but quantity increases because of maturity of kidneys. If child passes no urine then it can be due to dehydration and of concern.

So if your baby is passing 8 times in 24 hrs then this is OK.

How about the cough?
Does she have fever?
Does she have running nose?

Do get back with the replies and fresh queries.
Take Care.