Infant of 10 months, no symptoms of coming of first teeth. Is it normal?

Feb 2013

My baby girl has just completed 10 months but there is no symptoms of coming out her first teeth. Is it normal? If not what can be the problem and should we visit a padiatrician at the earliest.
Her food habit, sleeping habit are ok. Now a days though she sleeps 10 hr duirng night and rarely during the day time.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 27 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Primary teeth eruption may start from 6 months to 13 months.

And there is a wide variation in the eruption of primary teeth.

So nothing to worry and there is still time for the eruption of the teeth in your child.

Delayed teething is called when there is no teeth eruption even after 13 months of age.

As the age increases, the sleeping time decreases and it is normal.

Nothing to worry about the teething issue and you can discuss with the pediatrician in your next visit.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.