Infant not passing stools, only breastfed. Is Dulcalax suppository safe?

My daughter is 3 months old and she doesn't poo for 7-8 days at a strech, she only has mother feed, doctor has advices dulcalax suppository (pedia), is this safe for 3 months old baby? What can I do that she will have bowel movement naturally everyday?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Parenting
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 52 minutes later

Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX

You mention that your daughter is only on breast feeds and does not pass motion for 7-8 days. I hope she has undergone a thyroid screening test to rule out hypothyroidism.

Some children pass motions very infrequently and more so when the mothers are also constipated. There is nothing to worry about as long as the baby is growing well.

Dulcolax Pediatric Suppository is safe; but should be used as a last resort.

Hope I have answered to your satisfaction. Let me know if you have follow-up queries.