Infant is having loose motion. No relief from medicine. Any effective solution?

My baby is having 11 month.she is having loose motion today several times .but she is active and playing and sometimes she is having pain while the loose motion is is happend only today i had consult yesterday with and given medicine but no use.can i have a solution pls
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 10 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

By your description your daughter's diarrhoea is not getting controlled otherwise she seems to be fine. Any medication that you give for diarrhoea will take some time (around 24-48 hours) to act. The main stay of treatment is that the child should not get dehydrated for which you should give her plenty of oral fluids in the form of lemonade, buttermilk, coconut water, etc. You may like to go through the site where I have discussed more about the diarrhoea.

In case diarrhoea persists it shall be advisable to get the stool examination done.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal