Infant having pink spots with whitehead all over body. What could it be?

Hi my daughter is 17 months and for the past few months she had on her body random pinkish spots with whitehead on top of it. They fade away or dry out after few days and come back.
I just don't know what it could be and I've been told its just kids spots which they get all the time, but I just do t really want to believe it?
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 8 hours later

Thank you for your query. Do not worry.

I would like to know some more details, so that I can answer you better.

1.Do these lesions appear spontaneously or do they appear after a fever or eating something in particular.
2.Are these spots itchy?
3.Are they painful to touch?
4.Are these lesions associated with some other problem?
5.Has you baby been dewormed earlier?

Generally, these are called milaria and happen due blockage of sweat gland. You can stop application of oil, if you are using. Apply a good quality moisturizer along with lactocalamine lotion thrice daily. If there is itching associated with it, you can give her antiallergic drops.

Keep the body very clean. There is no reason to worry at all.
Awaiting details from you.

Wishing your child a speedy recovery. Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Infant having pink spots with whitehead all over body. What could it be? 15 hours later

I would say they appear spontaneously. I don't think they're itchy or painful as when we touch them or tried glass against it she didn't really mind. She seems to be her self and never been dewormed. I don't really use baby oils or anything on her skin, probably only once used E45 moisturiser, even in her bath she still has proper baby bubble bath which we used since she was 3 months. Didn't even changed my washing powder so I'm a big confused
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 7 hours later

Thanks for the follow up. I have gone through the details you have given.

Kindly deworm your baby. Using calamine lotion can help. It should get fine by a few days. There isn't any reason to worry. In case it is recurrent, do visit a dermatologist.

Have a nice day.