Infant having epidermoid with persistent dermal sinus with a small globular lesion. What should be done?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I have a Nine Months old baby having an Epidermoid with persistent dermal sinus with a small globular lesion along the tract most likely epidermoid. A track like extension in the anterior cranial fossa. Baby health wise is healthy and normal.
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Stroke

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 4 hours later
Dear Friend,

You have been advised correctly that this should be removed because if it is connecting with meninges of brain it can be a source of persistent infection and meningitis. Also it can increase in size over a period of time in cause difficulty during its removal later on. So it is better to get it operated now only.

Dr. Vineet XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Infant having epidermoid with persistent dermal sinus with a small globular lesion. What should be done? 14 hours later
Thanks a ton Dr XXXXXXX for your earliest reply,

Surgery will help to clear this problem once and all, also baby will not have any future problem due to the surgery.

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 3 hours later
Dear,

Thanks for following up.

I understand you are concerned, but don't worry; after successful surgery he should not have much of problems.

Hope this is assuring. Let me know if there are other concerns.

REGARDS

Follow-up: Infant having epidermoid with persistent dermal sinus with a small globular lesion. What should be done? 3 hours later
Thanks Dr for understanding my concern i was worried and having sleepless night thanks answering all my question how ever big or small, Will message you once the surgery is done and its result.

Once again thank you DR XXXXXXX

All the best to you and lots of love to your baby.

Please close this discussion and rate the answer.