Infant having cold, raspy cough and fever. What medication and cure should be done?

My 16month old has a raspy cough and fever with some cold type symptoms-her mood though is fine
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
A raspy cough in a 16 months old with a fever is commonly seen due to a viral upper inhalation, acetaminophen and using a humidifier in the room.
In case there is a high grade fever, pain while swallowing, expectoration, tonsils are inflamed or swollen neck glands are palpable then a bacterial infection needs to be ruled out after a proper examination by a pediatrician.
Antibiotic therapy may be needed in such cases to control the infection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.