Infant has yellow urine. Fetal sonology showed prominence of pelvicalyea. What to do?

When my wife was in caring stage and on the routing checking of 5 month the sonology report of care hospital vizag show XXXXXXX mild prominance of pelvicalyea' the doctor of care told us there is minor problem in kidney, he also told us it is only 5 month and at the time of delivery it may recover. After noral delivary on 07/07/2011the baby son was healthy with 3.52kg and sonology report of HAL hospital sunabeda also ok.
Sir, he is now 13 month 8days and since 15 days his urine is yellow in colour, pl. suggest me what to do and is there any problem. my email YYYY@YYYY thanking you XXXXXXX rout ph.0000

Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 53 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Normally urine has light yellow colour and it is correlated with fluids intake, while appear signs of dehydration urine colour become dark yellow and vice versa, but dark yellow can be indicator of some systemic diseases. I would advice you don’t wait and make an appointment with your Physician for Urine analysis, this is first step , then accordingly they will decide if need additional tests for clarification. Important ensure adequate fluid intake and monitor general status, skin colour, stool, appetite.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,