Infant has tiny bump on top of head. No pain, no fever. What could be this and how to treat this?

My 17 mo old has a pustule, a bumpy pimp-like 1/2 inch on top of his head. Today I noticed another one, smaller, close to the first one. He won't let me touch him there. No pain, no fever, no other symptoms. I gave him a long warm bath and washed him as usual with shampoo. I tried to squeeze out the pus, but he won't let me, I guess it is somewhat painful. It puses from time to time, as I see strands of hair stuck to that. :( Thanks in advance.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Himanshi Kashyap 44 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems like your son has some kind of infection like a Folliculitis or Pyoderma on top of his head. However, it would be helpful if you could send few pictures of the pustule for correct diagnosis.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it.

As of now, I would advise you to clean it with antiseptic solution and apply some antiseptic cream there. However if it increases in size and spreads then he might require some oral antibiotics to curb the infection. So you might need to get an appointment fixed for it.

Hope to have answered your query.
Take Care.