Infant has developed a bright red dot or maybe a scratch inside eyes. What could be done?

My 20 month old son has suddenly developed a bright red dot or maybe a scratch beside the cornea? Pupil? The bigger circle. Sadly I am not sure of the name. It looks a bit blood shot underneath. It doesn't appear to be bothering him.
Should I get it looked at or wait it out?
Or could it indicate something other health condition?
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 34 minutes later
my Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Your son looks like having a small scratch,leading to small sub conjunctival haemorrhage,which is painless,does not need any treatment and will resolve on its own in about a weeks time.
Just keep a watch and see that it keeps on reducing progressively and do not worry.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.