Infant has cold, cough, and wheezing. Prescribed Asthalin and Sinorest. Side effects of inhalers?

Hi Doctor,

My 5 month old baby is having cold and cough since 2 days and yesterday night onwards she started wheezing but only when she is awake and it stops when she falls asleep.Consulted my paed today and he was checking whether anyone in our family has Astama or Bronchititis.But there is no one in our family has it.Our paed has advised us to give nebulization(asthalin 2.5 & budecort 0.5 )inhalers times a day for 5 days.Apart from that,he has given the syrups like Sinorest.
Can you please let me know if there is any side effects on giving the above inhalers.Also I am really worried when he asked about any history of having Asthma.
Looking forward to your valued response.

Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 18 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
As asthma often runs in families, thats why your physician must have asked you about a family history. Apart from asthma, however, wheezing can be seen in bronchiolitis and other conditions in children.
So dont worry on that front.
As far as the side effects of nebulization is concerned, its not something you need to worry about. There are either no side effects or very minimal side effects. Inhaled steroids are generally safe.
Please follow the advice of your pediatrician.
Hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.
Wish your child speedy recovery.