Infant had ear bleeding after putting ear bud inside. Should I be worried?

ENT Specialist
hI my son is 23 months old he pit a ear bud in his ear and the ear was bleeding has he popped his ear drum he did cry at frist but now hes gone to sleep and the ear has stopped bleeding should i be worried
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Absolute necessary to examine the ear by ENT Specialist Detailed Answer: HI Mam, I have gone through your query. It suggests that your son either injured the external auditory canal or tympanic membrane. It needs to be addressed by an ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management because it is absolute necessary to examine the ear either otoscope or examination under microscope. In both condition ---> 1. Avoid putting water, oil, ear bud and ear drop. 2. Go for tetanus vaccination i.e.Tet vac injection deep intramascular. 3. Go for antibiotics and Anti inflammatory drugs. 4. Nasal and systemic nasal decongestant to prevent the itching. Hope this answers your query. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Regards