Infant got head injury and have ear infection. Should I be concerned?

Good

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Question
Hi! My daughter is 7 months old. She is very active baby. Unforturnaly she fell and hit her head to night. I had put safety play gate around where she play. She pull and stand up from the gate and lose balance fell backward on the metal leg of the gate. She cried 2 minute then stop. I checked careful on her head but there was just a little red on the ride side of the head, it was disappear after 5 minute. After the fall she act normal, crawling, pull stand up again, laughing, playing, sometime she was fussiness. she is also has ear infection and teething too. 3 and haft hours pass. She is sleeping now. Should I concern about she had any serious problem? Is she ok? What should I do now?
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 49 minutes later
Sorry about the fall!
Looking after kids is a24 hr job!

As you say that she fell on a hard surface, and also because she s still a small infant with soft skull,it is better for you to show her in
ER.

As you mention that she is now looking OK and playful,it is unlikely to be anything serious!
However it is always better to show her to the doctor to check her pupils and examine her clinically.

You have to watch her for vomiting or any other abnormal signs for 48 hours.

All the best.
God bless
Dr Um a.

Follow-up: Infant got head injury and have ear infection. Should I be concerned? 13 hours later
Thanks! I just read your answer. I am the time on health care magic so didn't know when you did answer my question. She woke up this morning. She is eating good and happy playing. Since she fell, it already 18 hours. Should I still need to take her to the doctor?

Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 16 hours later
hi ,
Hopefully there is nothing!
It must be now already more than 36 hrs?
watch her!
usually as doctors we are concerned about head injuries!!! especially in young infants.!!!
BUT AS SHE IS OK SO FAR ,WATCH OUT FOR ANOTHER 24 HRS.
All the best
Dr Uma

Follow-up: Infant got head injury and have ear infection. Should I be concerned? 21 minutes later
Yeah! It is already 38 hours since she fell. She acting perfectly normal, crawling, siting, playing, laughing. Do you thing she should be fine?

Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Yes I hope so.
Don't worry!
She should be fine!
Dr Uma