Infant fell from bed and was acting normal. While massaging head felt dent. Suggest?

Hello I'm a first time mom my daughter fell off the bed when she was around 10 months old and was acting normal after her fall so I didn't take her to the ER she is now 17 months old and while I was massaging her head for her to fall asleep I realized she still has that dent. I'm extremely worried I can't even sleep can you please tell me if I should take her to her doctor?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to take her to doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,

Please relax; nothing to worry now.

The dent may be present now. However, your daughter still has time for her skull bones to grow. At the age of 2 years, the skull actually gains a permanent shape. Later in the childhood it grows and the skull bone is fixed.

You do not have to do anything now. There is no need to take her to the doctor too.

When you consult her pediatrician next time for other reasons, you can get this looked into too.

Have a good night's sleep.