Infant crying uncontrollably. Could it be due to teething?

My 22 month old son is not staying asleep. He is a fantastic sleeper usually, but yesterday he woke up crying uncontrollably from his nap and again last night. I was able to get him to sleep in the rocker with me last night, but when I went to put him back down in his crib he woke and cried again for several minutes. Could this be something physical, such as gas or teething or is it more likely a new fear?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 7 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Consolable night cries may be a part of nose blocks at times but in this age group, its like nightmares, the kids get up with night terror after imagining some situation in dreamy state.

DO get ears checked too, as nose block and ear ache are two commoner causes of sudden cry and irritability especially in this season.

I hope this answers your question, please accept the answer if you have no further queries.

Wishing your child good health.