Indentation in middle of forehead. Purple in colour above eyes. Suggest the treatment?

Neurologist, Surgical
Woke up with an indentation in the middle of my forehead the size of my thumb. Purplish in color and deep. 1 & 1/2 inch above my eyes. I have a lot of pain with my illness and neuropathy. My neurologist is on vacation for 2 more weeks.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Previous brain surgeries

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma,am
My best wishes for a speedy recovery
I have gone through your medical history in detail
With the history it seems that you have developed a depressed area over your forehead. But it is not clear whether this is over an old operative scar.
If it is over an operative scar, you should go for a CT SCAN head to see any intracranial pathology
Till that time you can take some analgesics & anti inflammatory medications

Dr Praveen k Nath
Deptt of neurosurgery