Incredible itching and dryness of scrotum, angs very low and loose. Could testosterone supplements help?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Incredible on and off again itching and dryness of scrotum. And to top it off, svrotum hangs very low and loose. Symptoms of anything?
The itching has been around for a few years, the loose sack is within last 6 mos.
And even low sexual drive over last few years.

Could testosterone supplements help?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The on and off itching of scrotum is likely to be due to dermatitis or a recurrent fungal infection in the area. A direct examination is needed to find out the exact cause.
For symptomatic relief, you can apply aloe vera gel or 1% hydrocortisone ointment available over the counter.
If there are any rashes or urethral discharge associated with it, then it needs a specific treatment under the guidance of a urologist after a proper examination.
The loosening of the sacs could be related to lower testosterone levels in your body. A blood test will help in proper diagnosis. Do not start with any testosterone supplements without a blood test.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Incredible itching and dryness of scrotum, angs very low and loose. Could testosterone supplements help? 3 minutes later
The itching has remained the same.

I have tried 1% cortisone cream as well as various "jock itch" products to no avail.

Could be eczema or similar?

I had my testosterone levels checked 3-4 years ago and was fine.

What type of Dr should I be seeing to address all these issues?
Urologist, dermatologist, etc... ???
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If over the counter treatments have not helped then stronger prescription medicines are needed after a direct examination. Eczema is a likely possibility. You can consult a dermatologist for itching. He can order serum testosterone levels for you.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.