Increased urination. Am I diabetic?

hi its daily issue that from last 3months... i am urinating more like for example ... every night post dinner ..i go to the loo for 3 times and its not good i suffering from sugar ailment ...shall i get the sugar test done ,,,, or else i can say ... what ever amount of liquid i drink the same amount goes out of my body ..why ???
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 6 hours later
Your symptoms suggest that your likely cause for increased urination may be high sugars. So get your sugars tested, control them if high. however it is a good idea to do a urine examination and a blood urea and creatinine, as early kidney disease can also cause increased urination.
It is normal for whatever water you drink to pass in the urine, that's how kidneys maintain the XXXXXXX fluid balance.
Follow-up: Increased urination. Am I diabetic? 4 minutes later
i hope i am not suffering from major kidney disease ..... i will get my sugar test done also and update you on results
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 22 hours later

Don't worry it may be just because of excess water intake also. So just wait for the tests before assuming something.

Follow-up: Increased urination. Am I diabetic? 17 hours later

I got my sugar test done with the machine avaiable at home ... post 3 hrs having food ... the sugar levels were at 114 u still want to be to a lab test done for the same .
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 8 hours later

Post Meal 3hrs, a sugar of 114 is normal.
Get your Urine routine and microscopy, a blood urea and creatinine done.
Keep a record of your daily intake and output.
Make sure you are not taking too much of water around meals.