Increased the dose of zoloft. Experiencing nausea and sleepiness. Should I decrease the dose?

I was on zoloft for five years and went off of it for about a month. I recently went back on it. I increased my dose to 100mgs from 50 MSG and I am experiencing bad side effects, nausea and sleepiness. I was wondering if it would be good for me to go back down to the 50 MSG.
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

Zoloft is known to increase sleepiness. Please reduce your dose back to 50 mg. and consult your treating doctor. He will assess you and decide whether you need the drug.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal