Increased the dosage of paxil. Had anxiety. Does it have side effects?

Upped my dosage per doctor discussion to 20 mg's of paxil. Have been on 10 mg for 10 + years. Took last night new dosage woke up in a.m. with more anxiety than I had before. Can I have the same effects day after day?
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using health-care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your account and I can understand what you are going through.
Pail is actually paroxetine. Although it has its main action on Serotonin receptors , some times in it may act another neurotransmitter as well.
The reason for the anxiety could be due to this secondary actions.
You had upped your dose of paxil and that could have led to this kind of symptoms.
Most of the times these symptoms settle down by self as the body adapts to the changes. So most probably you won't be having this side effect for long and it's a transient phenomenon.
Hope that helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy