Increased heart beats, shaking arm when lifting. Help

Question
I had a pounding heart the other day and when i lifted up my left arm it shook like i had a major case of parkinsons it was like that for about 30 mins. when ever i would lift the left arm up. it then ended and now seems back to normal
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

The syptoms are quite incongruous to fit any syndrome.
I would like to get a few details in a follow up query from you.
What were you doing at that time when the trouble started?
Did it happen Earlier?
Any numbness/heaviness/pain in the limb at the time of the event?
Most likely it was some transient nerve problem that settled for good,
I do not think it would recur to get any importance.

I hope the advise would be helpful for you.

Follow-up: Increased heart beats, shaking arm when lifting. Help 37 minutes later
i was at the bar with a friend i never drank any aclohol when it happened. my left arm still feels as if it is on fire its probably the warmest part of me. at the time it happened it happned it was just when i lifted up it was shaking and numb at the time it happened now it is just like a bit warm compared to normal. this was the first time it has ever happened to me. but i do have a jumpy knee meaning when i sit in a chair and my foot is on the ground it seems to jumping.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 15 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Seemingly it is likely to be a temporary nerve ischemia related issue.
These episode are rare experiences and when resolved do not come back for years.
If you have a second episode like that then please visit a physician during acute episode and in that case you would need blood investigations and brain imaging to fine tune the diagnosis.