Increased cholesterol, LDL, Vit D3. Is this due to overweight, smoking and unhealthy eating habits ?

I have total cholestrol of 220, LDL of 180, Vitamin D3 (25-OH Cholecalciferol) of 26.2, total protein 61 g/ l, 94 mg/dl, MCV 66.2 fl, 20.9 pg . The doctor prescribed feroglobin, lipidor and 50,000 units of Vitamin D3 . I was wondering if all of these results were caused by any thing other than me being overweight/ a smoker and unhealthy eater ? I'm 34 male
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 42 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Your total cholesterol levels are high and should be below 180.
Your LDL cholesterol which is called as bad cholesterol is also very high and should be below 100.This cholesterol is very atherogenic Abd should be controlled aggressively.
Your MCV and MCH values are also low which indicate doctor.
The reasons for this are because of your bad life style like overweight,your smoking and junk eater.
You should adopt a healthy life style to avoid future complications and this includes
Doing regular exercises and reduction of weight
Avoiding junk foods and colas
Taking more of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX vegetables
Drinking plenty of water
Quitting smoking
Moderating alcohol,if you do it XXXXXXX breathing exercises
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Increased cholesterol, LDL, Vit D3. Is this due to overweight, smoking and unhealthy eating habits ? 27 minutes later
Thank you for your reply, however, my question wasn't about what I need to do about my weight and "bad life style" "Junk eater" . My question was whether all these results indicate another underlying condition or problem.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 hours later
These results don't mean any underlying disorder.